PointofInterestRoadSigns.com - Delaware - Transpeninsular Line Historical Marker

 

About this site
Submit a Photo
State Travel Offices
Pick a Homepage - Delaware

 

 

     

 Welcome to Point of Interest Road Signs! A collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click here for more Delaware Signs

 

Transpeninsular Line Historical Marker

 

Location of sign - At the base of the Fenwick Island, Delaware Light House

 

Photo taken -  November 2007

 

Transpeninsular Line, Delaware

Photo courtesy of Jimmy Wayne

 

Text of sign:


Transpeninsular Line

 

This stone monument, erected April 26, 1751, marks the eastern end of the Transpeninsular Line surveyed 1750-1751 by John

Watson and William Parsons of Pennsylvania and John Emory and Thomas Jones of Maryland.  This line established the east-

west boundary between Pennsylvania's "Three Lower Counties" (now Delaware) and the "Colony of Maryland".  It established

the middle point of the peninsula, 25 miles to the west.  The stone bears the coat of arms of the Calverts on the south side and the

Penns of the north.  It was accepted 1760 and finally ratified 1769 by King George III. 

 

 

Please help us out by submitting a photo!

 

You can find more information about the state of Delaware here and get a Delaware Homepage here

 



This site is not affiliated with any government agency.  Photos may not be copied without written permission of the photographer.

 

 

                


          Copyright 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved Walker Global Marketing Inc. Privacy Policy  Terms of Service  Links