to Point of Interest Road
collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click
here for more Florida Signs
Marks Episcopal Church Marker
of sign - 200 Main
Street (Main Street & Second Street), Palatka
taken- December 2008
courtesy of Jimmy Wayne
Marks Episcopal Church
services in Palatka were first conducted in 1846 by the Rev. John F
Young, later Bishop of Florida (1867-1885). The
parish was organized
in 1853, and the church completed in 1854. During the Civil War, St.
Mark's was used as a barracks by
Federal troops and suffered
considerable damage. After the war the church served as the
missionary center of the Episcopal
Church in the St. Johns Valley.
The original building, though altered, is still in use today.
Board of Parks and Historic Memorials
Cooperation With Putnam County Historical Society
Please help us
out by submitting
can find more information about the state of Florida here and a Florida