PointofInterestRoadSigns.com - Georgia - White Plains Baptist Church Marker

 

About this site
Submit a Photo
State Travel Offices
Pick a Homepage - Georgia

 

 

     

 Welcome to Point of Interest Road Signs! A collection of photos of road and trail signs.  Click here for more Georgia Signs

 

White Plains Baptist Church Marker

 

Location of sign - 3650 Highway 124 West Jefferson, Georgia

 

Photo taken- April 2008

 

White Plains Baptist Church

Photo courtesy of Jimmy Wayne

 

Text of sign:

 

White Plains Baptist Church

 

White Plains Baptist Church was organized in 1806, with all four sanctuaries located her.  The current sanctuary was constructed

in 1887.  Welcoming its first African-American member in 1812, both races worshipped together until 1869.  In the late 1820s the

church was instrumental in founding Siloam Baptist Church, formerly a branch of this church.  To date only 20 pastors have served 

here. James H. Kilpatrick, pastor 1854 to 1908, also served as moderator of the Georgia Baptist Convention for 6 years.


Erected by the Georgia Historical Society and White Plains Baptist Church

 

Please help us out by submitting a photo!

 

You can find more information about the state of Georgia here.

 



This site is not affiliated with any government agency.  Photos may not be copied without written permission of the photographer.

 

 

                


          Copyright 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved Walker Global Marketing Inc. Privacy Policy  Terms of Service  Links