to Point of Interest Road
collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click
here for more Louisiana Signs
Parish Historical Marker
of sign - 6566 Main Street Winnsboro, Louisiana
taken- April 2008
courtesy of Jimmy Wayne
Parish was created on March 1, 1848, from portions of Ouachita,
Catahoula, and Madison Parishes by Act 41 of the
Legislature sponsored by John Winn.
Land for a centrally-located Parish seat, "Winnsborough,"
was purchased in 1844 and the first courthouse was built here on
campsite of bear hunters.
Erected by Franklin Parish Bicentennial Commission 1976
Please help us
out by submitting
can find more information about the state of Louisiana here and
get a Louisiana