PointofInterestRoadSigns.com - Maryland - Caroline Court House Historical Marker

 

About this site
Submit a Photo
State Travel Offices
Pick a Homepage - Maryland

 

 

     

 Welcome to Point of Interest Road Signs! A collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click here for more Maryland Signs

 

Caroline County Historical Marker

 

Location of sign - 109 Market Street in Denton, Maryland.

 

Photo taken -  October 2007

 

Caroline Court House Historical Marker, Maryland

Photo courtesy of Jimmy Wayne

 

Text of sign:

 

Caroline Court House


Caroline County - established, 1773, from  parts of Queen Anne's and Dorchester Counties - held its early courts at seven different

locations until 1797 when its first court house was built on this site, once known as Pig Point.

 

The 1895 replacement was renovated and extensively added to, 1966.  The court house green was purchased 1791 for 120 

shillings.

 

Please help us out by submitting a photo!

 

You can find more information about the state of Maryland here and get a Maryland Homepage here

 



This site is not affiliated with any government agency.  Photos may not be copied without written permission of the photographer.

 

 

                


          Copyright 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved Walker Global Marketing Inc. Privacy Policy  Terms of Service  Links