PointofInterestRoadSigns.com - North Dakota - Historic Stutsman County Courthouse Sign

 

About this site
Submit a Photo
State Travel Offices
Pick a Homepage - North Dakota

 

 

     

 Welcome to Point of Interest Road Signs! A collection of photos of road and trail signs.  Click here for more North Dakota Signs

 

Historic Stutsman County Courthouse Sign

 

Location of sign - Third Avenue Southeast and Fifth Street Southeast, Jamestown North Dakota

 

Photo taken June 2009

 

Historic Stutsman County Courthouse Sign

Photo courtesy of Jimmy Wayne

 

Text of sign:

 

Historic Stutsman County Courthouse

 

This courthouse is the oldest in the state.  Begun in the summer of 1882 and dedicated August 9th 1883 Henry C. Koch, architect

from Milwaukee Wis had designed twenty six courthouses.  The architecture is gothic revival and has a foundation on imperisable 

granite with walls of brick from Klaus  Fox Brick Factory.  The stamped metal siding inside is the largest display on N.D.  This

courthouse was built with great pride on the highest point in the valley recorded in the National Register of Historic Places. 

Jamestown Bicentennial Committee.

 

 

Please help us out by submitting a photo!

 

You can find more information about the state of North Dakota here and get an North Dakota Homepage here

 

 



This site is not affiliated with any government agency.  Photos may not be copied without written permission of the photographer.

 

 

                


          Copyright 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved Walker Global Marketing Inc. Privacy Policy  Terms of Service  Links