to Point of Interest Road
collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click
here for more Ohio Signs
Tavern Historical Marker
of sign - 222 West Main Street West Union, Ohio
taken - September 2007
courtesy of Jimmy Wayne
Bradford Tavern, West Union's first inn built ca. 1804, served the
Maysville-Zanesville stagecoach route and such travelers as
Jackson, Henry Clay, and Santa Anna. After 1840, it was continued as
the Marlatt House and, later, the Crawford House.
Lawler operated it as the Commercial Hotel, 1904-1919. In 1936, Mr.
and Mrs. William Lafferty restored the building as
"Olde Wayside Inn.
County Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
Please help us
out by submitting
can find more information about the state of Ohio here and get a