PointofInterestRoadSigns.com - Ohio - Morgan County Historical Marker

 

About this site
Submit a Photo
State Travel Offices
Pick a Homepage - Ohio

 

 

     

 Welcome to Point of Interest Road Signs! A collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click here for more Ohio Signs

 

Morgan County Historical Marker

 

Location of sign - 153 E. Main Street McConnelsville, Ohio

 

Photo taken -  September 2007

 

Morgan County Courthouse Historical Marker, Ohio

Photo courtesy of Jimmy Wayne

 

Text of sign:

 

Morgan County 

 

Morgan County was created in 1817 from parts of Washington, Muskingum, and Guernsey counties, with McConnelsville 

established as the seat of government. The first courthouse, a square brick structure, was built here in 1820. Its foundation stones 

form part of the wall surrounding the lawn. The present courthouse building was completed in 1858 at a cost of $10,000. This 

Greek Revival-style structure has had several major renovations since. The clock tower was added in 1886, and the building was 

enlarged and modernized in 1960.

 

Morgan County Commissioners, The Ohio Historical Society 2001

 

Please help us out by submitting a photo!

 

You can find more information about the state of Ohio here and get a Ohio Homepage here

 



This site is not affiliated with any government agency.  Photos may not be copied without written permission of the photographer.

 

 

                


          Copyright 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved Walker Global Marketing Inc. Privacy Policy  Terms of Service  Links