to Point of Interest Road
collection of photos of road and trail signs. Click
here for more Tennessee Signs
of sign - 100 Main St., Clinton, Tennessee
taken- March 2007
courtesy of Jimmy Wayne
was established 1819; named in honor of President James Monroe.
1819-1830 the courthouse was in private homes.
first courthouse was built on this site in 1830 and burned in 1833.
second courthouse was built in 1834 and was burned by Federal Troops
during the Civil War in 1864.
third courthouse was completed in 1868 and condemned and demolished
fourth and present courthouse was completed and dedicated on May 15,
Please help us
out by submitting
can find more information about the state of Tennessee here and
get a Tennessee